How To Download Files from Scribd for Free Without Having an Account or Uploading Documents:
You can use any of the following methods
Greasemonkey Scribd Downloader Script:
Scribd Mobile Site to Download Documents:
Scribd Online Document Downloader
1. If you are a Firefox user, first install Greasemonkey add-on on your browser. If you are a chrome user you need not install this add-on you can proceed to next step.
2. Install this Scribd Downloader Script .
3. Now as usual view the documents in Scribd and click the download button available at the bottom right. You will be prompted to open or save the file, rename and save it as you wish.
If you are not comfortable with installing scripts use this manual method. Actually above script internally does this.
1. Note down the unique ID of the document from the url.
2. Go to Scribd mobile optimized site.
3. Enter the ID you noted down and click search.
4. Now save the file by clicking on Download Now button.
One of our reader’s Tony has mentioned that his browser is being redirecting back to original URL of the eBook on clicking Download Now button. This is probably because of late Scribd has changed it’s way of handling different user agents. So here is a new fix for it.
1. Install User Agent Switcher add-on and restart your browser.
2. Follow the above steps till step 3. Just do a search and keep, don’t click the download button.
3. Now go to Tools-> Default User Agent-> iPhone 3.0. Now click the button. You will be able to download as usual again.
Biblio has mentioned that the updated user agent fix has stopped working. Here is a new fix. Just an additional step to the latest fix. This time you need to change form method attribute to get rid of the error message.
1. Install Firebug add-on and restart your browser.
2. Follow the above method till step 2.
3. Press Ctrl+Shift+C to open Firebug HTML inspect mode.
4. Hover over the download button. You will find that form tag is highlighted in the code section below. Click post and change it to get i.e. method=”post” to method=”get”
5. Now as before change the user agent and click download.
Yet again there has been an update to existing system. Here is the updated version.
1. First change the user agent string to Android then go to mobile site and search for the doc using the unique ID or directly go to the concerned document.
2. Now directly hit the download button.
This time after a long wait, I was able to find a workaround. Here’s how it goes.
1. Download and install any PDF printer. For e.g. PrimoPDF
2. Go to the appropriate document you need. From URL note the unique ID as usual.
3. Right click on the page and select View Page Source. And search for access_key and note down the string which is between the quotes.
4. Now modify ID, access key and replace it with one’s you have noted down. Then paste it in address bar and hit enter.
5. Click on the print link in top left corner. In the pop up that comes up select print which is under standard quality.
6. Now you need to select primo as name of your printer. And click OK.
7. In the PrimoPDF window that comes up, click create PDF then select a location and save it.
*Note: Above trick is not guaranteed to work against all documents though.
1. Go to the concerned document and click Download or Print button on the right.
2. In the pop-up that appears click Skip Login link.
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link, upload now.
4. Click on upload and select any valid text file with some content in it. Preferably type your own content, because the system checks for duplication. Or if you have some helpful document which might be useful to others, well and good you can upload that. Now close the pop-up that appears asking for login.
5. Give some title, description and click on save and continue. You will be getting a success message as below.
6. Click on the return to download link. Now finally press download PDF button to get the document.
There are many online tools that lets you download files as PDF from Scribd instantly without any restriction.
If you want their URL’s do feel free to leave a comment via the comment form below.
So, which method worked for you? Which method do you find easier and time saving? Know any more better alternatives to download docs from Scribd without any sort of restriction? Do share it with us!